The Coordinator, Operation Safe Corridor, Major General Bamidele Shafa, says former members of Boko Haram that had been de-radicalised had not been enrolled into the Nigeria military.
Shafa stated this on Thursday in Abuja in an interview with newsmen after a visit to the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development.
He said the military is a professional body adhering strictly to rules and regulations governing its activities, including enlistment.
He said: “None of the 280 boys that graduated from the OPSC is recruited into the Nigerian military.
“We have our criteria for recruitment.
“To be recruited, you must be a Nigerian, must not have been convicted of any offence, and must not have been a member of any proscribed organisation.
“So, considering the criteria, none of these boys has been recruited into the military.
“OPSC just finished its follow-up into the communities and these boys are doing very well.
“None of them is in the military.
“So, I want to assure Nigerians that none of these boys has been recruited and I am not sure any one of them will be recruited in the future.”
Trending
- Uromi killings: DHQ warns against reprisals, says Edo, Kano leaders have brokered peace
- Police arraign two men over alleged unlawful possession of human head, parts
- Court strikes out suit against Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road project
- Police arraign two men over alleged unlawful possession of human head, parts
- Amotekun arrests 28-man syndicate of fake travel agents
- Shehu Sani rejects Miss World pageant judge appointment
- Kidnapped Abia oil magnate regains freedom
- Gold vendor laments as employee cart away jewelry worth over N100M + Video