The Police on Monday recanted on its invitation to the President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, over the April 5, 2018 robbery in Offa, Kwara State.
Saraki had on Monday in response to a statement by the police inviting him in connection with the robbery and killing of 33 persons, directed his Aide-De-Camp to get the letter of invitation from the Force Headquarters.
On Sunday, the police announced that the nation’s number three citizen had been invited to answer questions in a statement by the Force Public Relations Office, Jimoh Moshood.
However, on Monday evening, Saraki said his ADC had informed him that the police said he needed not appear in person.
Rather, what is expected of him is a written response to the allegation.
Saraki, on Twitter handle, stated: “Following my earlier tweet, I have received the letter from Police . They are no longer asking me to appear at any station, but to respond in writing to the allegations within 48 hours — which I plan to do.”
Saraki had also accused the police of trying to set him up, saying he had earlier raised the alarm on the the issue.
Accused of complicity alongside the Senate president was the Kwara State Governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed.
Ahmed in a statement on Sunday washed his hands off the allegation.