The UN on Friday said two Congolese refugee children aged four and eight were killed in a bus accident in south-western Uganda.
According to UNHCR said 34 other people were injured when a convoy of eleven buses transferred 837 refugees from a transit centre to another part of the country.
One of the buses, carrying 76 passengers, veered off the road in the district of Ibanda and overturned.
Initial information from the Red Cross, that 19 Burundian refugees had been killed, citing a local witness, turned out to be incorrect.
Trending
- NCAA cautions airlines against halfway deportations of Nigerian passengers
- Mock notification for 2025 UTME ready for printing – JAMB
- NCAA cautions airlines against halfway deportations of Nigerian passengers
- 15-year-old Nigerian clinches Guinness World Record
- Petroleum Minister congratulates new NNPCL leadership
- Tinubu okays N20b take-off fund for NASRDA’s space regulation project
- Akwa Ibom okays occupational safety department in public service
- Tiger Base Police: CSOs drag Imo State Command to PSC