The pair will contest all four world heavyweight titles for the first time in the sport’s history.
WBA, IBF and WBO champion AJ’s undisputed showdown with WBC king Fury is set to be announced in the coming week after it was revealed it would take place in Saudi Arabia this summer.
According to the newspaper, Joshua’s recently filed accounts show the Londoner has over £100 million, most of which was earned in his two fights with Andy Ruiz Jr. in 2019-2020, which saw the 31-year-old Joshua lose and then regain the four titles.
Negotiations for one of “the biggest fights of all time”, Joshua and Fury’s undisputed heavyweight title clash, are ongoing with both sides optimistic of a resolution.
The two Brits are set to finally clash in 2021 to attempt to unify the heavyweight division.
Pacquiao won the super champion belt in July 2019 when he defeated Keith Thurman, however, he has not defended the belt since then.
WBC champion Fury is set to face Joshua, who holds the WBA, IBF and WBO titles, with talks ongoing to stage a massive showdown to decide the world’s No 1 heavyweight.
The Germany-based Syrian hopes to finally defend the WBA belt he won in November 2017 against Ruiz Jr, who is yet to name an opponent after Anthony Joshua ended his world title reign with a points defeat in their December rematch.
That’s because AJ far prefers to treat those close to him, whether that means splashing out on epic holidays, sports cars or houses.
It was confirmed by Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, this week that the British duo have reached an agreement for two unification fights next year.
The champion boxer has a four-year-old son, JJ, from a previous relationship, but still remains single.
Heavyweight title contender Kubrat Pulev will donate half of his Anthony Joshua fight fee to the battle against Coronavirus Disease.
Anthony Joshua’s world heavyweight title fight against Kubrat Pulev on June 20 could be moved to July, says promoter Eddie Hearn.
The 30-year-old Briton is due to defend his WBA, WBO and IBF belts at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
“We do have a potential date in July but, right now, we are hoping June 20 can remain the date,” Matchroom Boxing’s Hearn told Sky Sports.
Bulgarian Pulev, 38, is the mandatory IBF challenger to take on Joshua.
With the uncertainty around when the remaining games in domestic football will be completed because of the coronavirus outbreak, and the possibility the season could extend into the summer months, Hearn said he has had conversations with Tottenham to “make sure we’re all on the same page”.
“We know we have the same strategy moving forward,” added Hearn. “Obviously the Premier League decision will play a big part in a number of sports. Plans to put new dates in place and that fight as well.”
Joshua won the WBA, WBO and IBF belts back with a unanimous points victory over Andy Ruiz Jr last December.
If the fight with Pulev does go ahead, it will be Joshua’s first bout in the United Kingdom since beating Alexander Povetkin at Wembley in September 2018.
He was initially due to fight Pulev at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium in October 2017 but the Bulgarian withdrew after suffering a shoulder injury in sparring, with Carlos Takam stepping in to replace him at 12 days’ notice.
The heavyweight lost his WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight titles to the Mexican in one of boxing’s greatest ever shocks in June and will fight to win them back in Saudi Arabia next Saturday.
Senator Manny Pacquiao launched his very own cryptocurrency on Sunday at a free concert in Manila, where he serenaded more than 2,000 fans to drum up interest in the product.
Andy Ruiz Jr has said he will be even more prepared for his rematch against Anthony Joshua after his shock win in New York earlier this month.
Anthony Joshua has insisted that he hasn’t underestimated Andy Ruiz Jr. “one bit” ahead of their unified Heavyweight World title clash at Madison Square Garden in New York on Saturday June 1.
Anthony Joshua believes his fellow heavyweights will not improve in the rest of their careers, while he is progressing every day.
Anthony Joshua believes fight fans are missing out as his heavyweight rivals all look to play “Game of Thrones” rather than get into the ring with him.
Jarrell Miller has been given a six-month ban by the WBA after failing three drugs tests before his cancelled fight with Anthony Joshua on June 1.