Over 500 tricycle (Keke) operators in Imo State on Thursday blocked the entrance into the Imo State Government House over the ban order placed on them by the government.
The keke operators said they were surprised that they got an information that they had been banned completely on Thursday, which was contrary to the deadline date earlier given to them.
According to some of them, Governor Rochas Okorocha gave them a deadline of December 1 and not October 12 to stop operating in the metropolis.
They said their suspicion is that some government officials wanted to use the ban order to intimidate and extort money from them.
Trending
- Nigerian military, Briech unveil first indigenous attack drones, bombs
- Edo: Okpebholo extends olive branch to Ighodalo after tribunal victory
- Ighodalo heads to Appeal Court as tribunal affirms Okpebholo’s victory
- Orchestration against Aisha Achimugu: A classical betrayal of justice, womanhood, and nationhood, by Binta Adeshola
- Governor Eno inaugurates agriculture, food security committee
- Man dies in Osun road accident
- Benue’s First Exhibition: A strong testimony about potentiality, creativity of Benue people – Alia
- Tinubu’s reforms will yield positive results for all – Dabiri-Erewa