The Presidency has shifted the enlarged security meeting with the 36 State Governors billed to hold today (Wednesday) till Thursday.
Sequel to the recent bomb blast at Nyanya, a suburb of the capital City, Abuja and incessant killings and abduction of school girls in the north east, President Goodluck Jonathan, had summoned an enlarged security meeting last week.
But surprisingly, the All Progressives Congress (APC) governors were schemed out of the meeting as it was attended by the PDP governors and their counterparts from the Labour Party, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko and APGA’s Wille Obiano.
Justifying the exclusion of the APC governors, Chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum and Governor of Akwa Ibom, Godswil Akpabio, had said they (APC governors) were not invited.
He however said the President later agreed to invite them to another one since security that was discussed is a national issue.
Reacting, the APC dismissed the claims, saying they were invited but somebody from the Presidency later called Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State to inform that it had been called off.
To demonstrate their commitment to attending the rescheduled meeting, APC leaders cancelled the party’s State congresses to enable their governors attend today.
Trending
- Nigerian military, Briech unveil first indigenous attack drones, bombs
- Edo: Okpebholo extends olive branch to Ighodalo after tribunal victory
- Ighodalo heads to Appeal Court as tribunal affirms Okpebholo’s victory
- Orchestration against Aisha Achimugu: A classical betrayal of justice, womanhood, and nationhood, by Binta Adeshola
- Governor Eno inaugurates agriculture, food security committee
- Man dies in Osun road accident
- Benue’s First Exhibition: A strong testimony about potentiality, creativity of Benue people – Alia
- Tinubu’s reforms will yield positive results for all – Dabiri-Erewa