The Minister of Interior, retired Lieutenant General Abdulrahman Dambazau, has condemned the “senseless killing” of innocent Nigerians in Taraba, Kaduna and Zamfara States, with a call on security agencies to fish out the perpetrators.
This was contained in a statement issued by the Press Secretary to the Minister, Ehisienmen Osaigbovo, on Friday in Abuja.
The minister said the action of some senseless enemies of peace was most regrettable at a time the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration is putting measures in place to revamp the nation’s economy.
He said that the Federal Government was working hard to build a vibrant and united country where every individual would realise his potentials, irrespective of tribe, religion nor political affiliations.
Dambazau condoled with the government and people of the three affected states over what he described as irresponsible, senseless and barbaric acts of some criminally minded persons.
He assured that government will not rest in its efforts at addressing all forms of criminality throughout the country.
He reiterated government’s determination to enforce the full weight of the law on any one found culpable in these attacks and other acts of criminality in the country.
The minister also directed the Inspector General of Police to mobilise more security personnel to the affected areas to ensure peace within the yuletide and beyond and to deal decisively with any criminally minded element.
He also mandated the Commandant General of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps to ensure strict protection of the nation’s critical assets and infrastructure during and after the yuletide.
There had been reported killings of Nigerians in the affected states as a result of clashes between farmers and herdsmen.
Trending
- Breaking: Following heavy traffic on Wednesday, FG reopens closed Lagos bridge
- Nigerian military, Briech unveil first indigenous attack drones, bombs
- Edo: Okpebholo extends olive branch to Ighodalo after tribunal victory
- Ighodalo heads to Appeal Court as tribunal affirms Okpebholo’s victory
- Orchestration against Aisha Achimugu: A classical betrayal of justice, womanhood, and nationhood, by Binta Adeshola
- Governor Eno inaugurates agriculture, food security committee
- Man dies in Osun road accident
- Benue’s First Exhibition: A strong testimony about potentiality, creativity of Benue people – Alia