No fewer than 3,600 workers serving in the 16 local government areas of Ekiti State have been promoted to the next grade.
Chief Ranti Adebisi, the Chairman of the State Local Government Service Commission, made this known at a media briefing on Tuesday in Ado-Ekiti.
Adebisi said that all the 16 councils in the state benefited from the exercise, including those who had been denied promotion since 2011.
He said that the exercise was mainly for those eligible between 2011 and 2012, adding that the backlog for 2010 had been cleared.
The chairman reiterated the resolve of the Governor Kayode Fayemi-led administration towards ensuring that workers at all levels were promoted when due.
He commended the conduct of the workers during the exercise in spite of what he called “their initial apprehension.”
Adebisi said that all the beneficiaries of the promotion went through written and oral tests to qualify for the upgrading.
Previous ArticleUtomi denies funding presidential campaign with Bank PHB money
Next Article FMBN to provide four million houses in 15 years – MD