According to available information, this occurred at about 2am in the Idimu area of Nigeria’s former capital.
However on sighting police operatives from the Lagos State Police Command, the oil thieves abandoned the tanker they were already filling with Premium Motor Spirit, otherwise known as petrol, and their tools.
- NAF puts up presidential aircraft for sale, calls for bidders
- NLC seeks new national minimum wage commensurate with cost of living
- Artisan jailed six months for stealing seasoning, soaps
- Alleged treason: Absence of judge stalls Sowore’s case
- Kogi 2023: Alleged attack on Tribunal Secretary: SDP exposing own atrocities — APC
This followed the intelligence made available to policemen.
The spokesman of the Command, Benjamin Hundeyin, who confirmed the development, said the State Commissioner, CP Idowu Owohunwa, had visited the site of the incident.