The suspended CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele has been granted bail in the sum of N20m with one surety.
The bail followed Emefiele’s “not guilty” plea.
However, a mild drama ensued between operatives of the Department of State Services DSS and officials of Nigeria Correctional Service as they argued over who keeps custody of Emefiele, pending the time he perfects his bail condition
Two Hilux vehicles belonging to the two government agencies were positioned near the entrance of the court.
- Wike seeks NASS approval to spend N61.6bn
- NAICOM raises concern on Insurance firms outstanding claims
- NUPRC to Chevron: Laws must be respected
- Banditry: COAS announces deployment of special troops to Benue
- COVID-19: Court orders Minister to provide details of N535.8m school feeding spending
Similarly, the prison service also brought dogs into the court premises.
Recall that former CBN boss was arraigned by the Federal Ministry of Justice for illegal possession of firearms and ammunition but was