The programme, which began in 2012, has largely been marked by unsteady implementation, resulting in two missed deadlines and a halt in 2018.
The test implies that one can identify a subject by observing its/his or her habitual characteristics and actions. With the duck test, I am scrutinizing the role of the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed who, in February, announced himself the chairman of the Ministerial Task Force on the Federal Government’s Digital Switchover (DSO) programme. Since then, and, of course, before, the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC), which should drive the DSO programme, has become an extra in its own movie.
The Director-General of National Broadcasting Commission, Prof. Armstrong Idachaba, made the disclosure during the launch of the DSO in Lagos.
The Federal Government, in February, announced its readiness to resuscitate the DSO programme from its three-year hiatus, with the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, stating that the programme will be completed by 2022.
Two months ago at a press conference to unveil members of the Ministerial Task Force on the DSO, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, Minister of Information and Culture, said the body now has all it needs to complete the programme, which has endured a three-year hiatus on the back of many disruptions and inability to meet two deadlines.
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu says his administration will support the Digital Switch Over (DSO) being embarked by the country, saying…
The Minister said this on Saturday when he led members of the Ministerial Task Force on a visit to the Lagos state Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu at Lagos House, Marina.
The Acting Director-General of the Commission, Prof. Armstrong Idachaba, gave the assurance during an interview with newsmen in Abuja on Sunday.
Acting Director-General of the commission, Armstrong Idachaba who gave the clarification at an interactive session with newsmen in Abuja on Sunday, said the fund was to settle outstanding contractual agreements in the DSO project.
The cheer brought by the government’s announced intention to reboot the process, positive as appears, has shown nothing beyond the fact that the DSO process is not completely forgotten. No more. No less.
Justice Folashade Ogunbanjo-Giwa, granted the application by the prosecution, the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC following the withdrawal of the objection earlier raised by the defendants.
The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC is prosecuting the Director-General of the National Broadcasting Commission, Ishaq Kawu in a Federal High Court, Abuja, for alleged abuse of office and money laundering.
The bubble has truly burst at the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission following the fizzling out of its much hyped N2.5 billion fraud charge against the Director General of the National Broadcasting Commission, Ishaq Modibbo Kawu, and top executives of Pinnacle Communications Limited at the Federal High Court, Abuja, where it has failed to produce any witness or evidence in support of its claim that the said amount paid by NBC to Pinnacle Communications Limited was illegal, irregular and unauthorized.
History was made on April 30, 2016 in Jos, the Plateau State capital, when the Federal Government launched the pilot phase of the digital transmission project that kick-started the digitisation process in the country.
The Federal Government has resolved the brewing crisis threatening the implementation of the Digital Switch Over from analogue television broadcasts in the country.
The NBC Head of Public Affairs Unit, Maimuna Jimada, made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on telephone on Friday.