Ahmed Musa is in the thoughts of Leicester City boss, Craig Shakespeare, for the clash with Everton on Sunday.
The Nigerian has had a difficult week after being questioned by police last week.
In the FA Cup in January, City’s £16 million striker came off the substitutes’ bench to score twice and be the match winner.
But it was a rare moment of joy for the 24-year-old, who has struggled to settle since joining from CSKA Moscow in the summer.
He has made only 13 starts, just seven of which have come in the Premier League.
His double at Goodison Park represents half of the goals he has scored this season and he has been completely left out of recent squads by Shakespeare.
This week, he hit the headlines after police questioned him when neighbours called them about a domestic argument at his Countesthorpe home.
But Shakespeare said he was still in his thoughts to face Everton on Sunday.
“I have spoken to him and he assured me there wasn’t a lot in it. It was a police matter that has been cleared up,” said Shakespeare.
“He has been fine in training. We are there to support him if he needs anything, but he has also been reminded of his conduct within the club.
“They’re all in my thoughts, Musa being one of them. He’s trained very well in the last couple of days.
“Players will tell you they want a run of games. When you come on this side it’s very hard to give them a run of games because sometimes there are other people in front of them. He’s shown glimpses and we have to make sure they’re all ready.”
On that same day in January at Everton, Wilfred Ndidi made his City debut after his £15million move from Genk and Musa’s Nigerian international team-mate has been an outstanding purchase.
The 20-year-old’s performances have led to speculation that other clubs will target him this summer but Ndidi took to social media this week to quash rumours he wants a move to Manchester United.
Ndidi said he was “fully committed to City 200 per cent”.
“He was proactive in terms of how he approached it,” said Shakespeare. “He showed maturity to quash the rumours straight away.
“I think it is important you speak to players and they understand how important they are to our club. We have done that with Wilf and to be fair to him he has come out and said how happy he is and how much he wants to stay here.”
Trending
- NNPCL announces new Senior Management Team
- Reports I’ve dumped PDP malicious lies, political hatchet job
- Journalist and APC spokesman, Tunde Oladunjoye, is dead
- NNPCL announces new Senior Management Team
- Reports I’ve dumped PDP malicious lies, political hatchet job
- Sterling Global lambasted for flouting Gov. Eno’s warning
- Tinubu salutes Asiwaju of Ijebuland, Adegunwa, at 80
- Akwa Ibom NMA slams 21-day ultimatum on UNIUYO