The radical Ijaw youth group, Ijaw Youth Council (Worldwide), has said that if the plans of those sponsoring insurgence in the country is to intimidate the government of President Goodluck Jonathan, then their plans failed on arrival.
The group said that Jonathan cannot throw in the towel because of plans of those sponsoring insurgence in the country, stressing: “Nigeria belongs to all of us and everyone has the right to hold the highest office in the land irrespective of his or her tribal and religious background.”
IYC spoke in reaction to the second bomb attack at Nyanya, a suburb of Abuja.
The group described the incidence as total declaration of war against Nigerians irrespective of religion, tribe, sex and political leaning.
It therefore called on all Nigerians to rise and support the Federal Government in the fight against insurgence in the country.
Reacting to the incidence on Friday, IYC, in a statement signed by its spokesman, Eric Omare, a lawyer, warned those behind the insurgence to desist.
The statement, while condemning the attack, which occurred barely two weeks after a similar explosion killed over 70 Nigerians in the same area, said that the activities of Boko Haram in recent times have clearly shown that Nigerians from all walks of life are the targets.
To the IYC, this battle is not for Jonathan and the Federal Government alone.
“It is war for all Nigerians to fight as it is against our collective destiny, if we are committed to the Nigerian project,” the IYC said.
It added: “Nigerians must in unison rise up against this challenge. Christians, Muslims, Idol worshippers, men, women, youths, PDP, APC, LP, APGA etc must rise up to protect Nigeria.”
The IYC however noted with curiosity that since the demise of late Governor Patrick Yokowa of Kaduna State, bombings have stopped in Kaduna State.
It added in the statement: “This is more than a coincidence as it brings to the fore the reason why some prominent religious, traditional and political leaders in the North cannot in clear terms condemn the activities of Boko Haram.
“The IYC wishes to state clearly that if the intention of those behind these dastardly acts is to intimidate the government of President Goodluck Jonathan, then their plan has failed on arrival.
“Nigeria belongs to all of us and everyone has the right to hold the highest office in the land irrespective of his or her tribal and religious background.”
Consequently, the IYC expressed absolute confidence in the ability of Jonathan to run the affairs of Nigeria and commended him for the steps taken so far in managing the Boko Haram insurgency.
It added: “We also commend officers of the Nigeria armed forces for the supreme price they have paid so far and sacrifices to keep Nigeria as one.
“To those who wish to bring Nigeria down at all cost, we call on them to come openly to express their position and not to spill unnecessary blood.”
Previous ArticleMultiChoice unveil plans on All-Star Basketball
Next Article I bought my gun from an undergraduate – Suspect