Nollywood has lost one of its veteran actors, Chief Yemi Adeyemi, better known as Suara.
Dr. Shaibu Husseini, made the death of the actor in a Wale Adenuga production series: “Super Story,” known on Monday.
Husseini, a notable theatre practitioner, academic and critic, said Adeyemi died on September 24, 2023.
He wrote: “I have been reliably informed that veteran actor Chief Yemi Adeyemi aka Suara has transited.
- State of rural communities in Lagos State (1)
- Mohbad: Naira Marley, Sam Larry makes charity outreach after meeting bail conditions
- Editorial: Security: Not just about funding, but prudent spending, deliverables
- Sycamore: Betty Zainab and her protest against multi-dimensional abuse, by Michael Olatunbosun
- MURIC: Lagos luring Muslim students to Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s programme
“Popular as Suara, Chief Adeyemi rode to prominence playing Suara in the long rested ‘Oh Father, Oh Daughter’ series of the hugely popular Super Story stories by Wale Adenuga Productions.
“Baba Suara as some of us his younger colleagues simply called him, reportedly “acted out” this Sunday. Journey well Baba Suara. You will be sorely missed. Odigba Sir. Journey Well…..”