Former Deputy Senate President currently serving jail term in the UK over human harvest, Ike Ekweremadu’s son, Lloyd and former Governor Sullivan Chime’s daughter, Ada both made Enugu Governor Peter Mbah’s Commissioner nominees’ list.
The two are among the 15 nominees sent to the State’s House of Assembly for screening and confirmation.
The list was read on the floor of the House by the Speaker, Uche Ugwu Friday in Enugu.
- How OAU student was killed in Ogun, his head, wrists sold for N100,000
- Police arrest five suspected armed robbers in Ogun
- Kaduna Attack: Shiites, Izala, other, seek compensation for victims
- N123bn Power Intervention: TCN completes 80% projects in Lagos
- Master plan distortion: Lagos Labour Party seeks sanction for officials issuing fake papers to residents
Also in the list which was signed by the Secretary of state government, Prof. Chidiebere Onyia were: a veteran broadcaster, Aka Eze Aka, Prof. Ndubueze Mba, Ngozi Eni, Prof. Sam Ugwu, Chika Ugwoke and Dr Kingsley Ude.
Others are: former commissioners, including: Prof. Emmanuel Obi and Deacon Okey Ogbodo as well as Ugochi Madueke, Dr Malachy Agbo, Gerrald Otiji, Nathaniel Urama and Prince Lawrence Ezeh.
Onyia, in the letter, said this was not the complete list and appealed for their speedy consideration.
“While this may not be the exhaustive list, I’m optimistic that this request will receive your usual expeditious consideration,” he appealed.