The efforts of the Umahi administration in Ebonyi State towards revamping the over three decade moribund Nigeria Cement Company), Nkalagu has finally yielded concrete result as the Ibeto Group and a team of Engineers from Senomass Engineering Company China, arrived the State, Friday to commence work on the plant.
In a Courtesy call on Governor David Umahi at the Government House, Abakaliki, the leader of the Team and the Chairman/Chief Executive of Ibeto Group of Companies, Chief Cletus Ibeto, stated that all were set to set up a brand new Cement Plant beside the hitherto morribond site with the capacity of 6000 metirc tonnes per.
Ibeto also revealed that his company also intends to set up another Cement Factory in Effium, Ohaukwu local Government arae of the State where reasonable limestone deposits have been discovered.
According to him, the Effium plant when established would have the capacity to turn out 3000 metric tonnes of Cement per day.
Ibeto said: “We are here to tell you people that we are back, and to start the project
“With the visit of these people, they will be going in and out of Nkalagu , working on the designing and everything towards making sure that all that we agreed on in 2015 are achieved
“So, this is a very powerful meeting we have come to do this time
“And it is important to tell you that we are going to start wih 6000 Metric Tonnes per day capcacity
“Nothing would be touched in the morribund plant as we are going to set up a completely new plant by its side
“After that we intend to commence another Plant in Effium; we are going to set up another Plant of 3000 metric tonnes per day in Effium.”
The CEO lauded Governor Umahi for his Political will and doggedness which has driven the project thus far.
Receiving the team, Governor David Umahi described the development as a dream come true. He lauded the Philantropic and business ingenuity of Chief Cletus Ibeto which has won him laurels all over the world.
He also expressed confidence in the professional experience and reputation of Sinomass China Company which he described as one of the five biggest Companies in China.
The Governor emphasized that his administration has put effective infrastructure in place as contained in the Memorandum of understanding, to enable the smooth take-off of the factory
Governor Umahi said: “Thank you so much for coming with the technical partners.
“We all know Senomass. It is one of the five biggest Companies in China…
“You have brought them and it is a practical proof that we are on site and we are on course.
“We have built the Nigercem road on concrete pavement and there are 7 bridges along the road but we do not want to have any problem with the heavy Trucks that would be coming either with equipmwnts or such
“We are committed to rebuilding them. We have started with the bridge on our boundary with Enugu State
“We took it on ourself and on our own account to build it and we expect the Enugu State Governor to join.
“He is already building the extension of the road from their own end and so, that would make it a huge transport business for the Plant and we have almost completed the 2 major bridges while the other 5 would be completed before the end of November.”
Umahi added that plans have been initiatd to have a Flyover Bridge at the Nkalagu Junction and subsequently, another by the Effium axis, precisely at Ezzangbo Junction in Ohaukwu Local Government area
With Government’s commitment to reconstructing the old Abakaliki ring road in partnership with the African Development Bank of which over 20km had already been done by the State Govrnment, Umahi further assured that the project will surely receive adequate infrastructural and other supports.
He said: “So, I am too happy today that Nigercem is going to be shooting out 6000 metric tonnes of Cement per day.
“I don’t know any other Cement factory that rurns out that much in the country;
“And that Effium willhave their own factory, that is a huge success!”
In a remark, the Vice President of the Senomass China Company, appreciated as an honour the opportunity given to them to partner with Ibeto group in the development of the Factory
He expressed belief that the project will not only make contributions to the wellbeing of the host communties but be of benefit to the entire country of Nigeria.
He pledged the readiness of the engineers to make the Cement Factory one of the best in the world.
He said: “We will also follow the rules and regulations of the entire State and respect the customs of Ebonyi people.”
Recall that Memorandum of Understanding which empowered Ibeto Group to acquire and revamp the Nigeria Premier Cement factory was signed with the State Government around July, 2015, after all efforts with the previous aminstration to reach a bargain failed.
Since then, both the State Government and the Ibeto group have not rested at ensuring that life returns to the factory which was once the glory of the South-east zone.
Previous ArticleFire razes six shops in Kano market
Next Article World Cup: England battles Belgium for pride