The Adamawa Police Command, has arrested two suspected kidnappers in Jada Local Government Area (LGA) of the state.
The State’s Police Command’s spokesperson, SP Suleiman Nguroje, disclosed this in a statement issued in Yola, Tuesday.
Nguroje said that the suspects were arrested on August 17, by the Intelligence Department of the command in Kojoli, Jada LGA.
- President Geigob: Apabio leads presidential delegation to Namibia
- Troops rescue 12 kidnap victims in Benue State
- Borno State rakes in N2.8b IGR in six weeks
- BDC: CBN mandates sellers above $10,000 to declare sources
- CBN amends Customs FOREX rate for imports
“The suspects are: Abdullahi Iya, 20, and Barkindo Yahaya, 19, both residents of Kojoli.
“They were arrested after they called and threatened to kidnap or kill Halilu Bello and Abubakar Hammayero, unless they pay a ransom of N10 million,” the spokesperson stated.
Nguroje said that the Commissioner of Police, CP Babatola Afolabi, had directed a discreet and diligent prosecution of the suspects.
Afolabi called on the general public to be security conscious, and report any security threats to the Police for prompt action.