The Federal Capital Territory Directorate of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control says it has penalised two pizza outlets in the FCT for using expired dough blend seasoning.
The FCT Director of the agency, Ozigis Abdulsalam, made this known in a statement issued in Abuja on Friday.
Abdulsalam stated that the FCT department of the agency acted upon an intelligence information and carried out inspection on pizza outlets and discovered that two of them were using expired dough blend seasoning.
He added that the two outlets were also using deep ham slices in the preparation of their pizzas.
He said that the act amounted to dereliction of best practices “and can jeopardise food safety and lead to public health issues”.
- Seun Oloketuyi earns Ekiti Future Agenda award
- Danjuma picks 20 for Morocco, Senegal, Cameroon
- Buhari sold Nigeria’s future, left poor economy for Tinubu — PDP Governor
- African Games: Bosso lists 20 as Flying Eagles jet out
- Erotic Monday Night: Sample sex, by Tiwa Says
Abdulsalam added that the ingredients were seized and the company was penalised.
According to him, the company is expected to submit an undertaking not to be found engaging in such poor practice again.