The President of the Senate, Godswill Akpabio, has cancelled his scheduled trip to Dubai, United Arab Emirates for COP28.
The cancellation, he said, followed the outrage that trailed Nigeria’s 1,411 delegates to the COP28.
Speaking at a one-day retreat on the 2024 budget in Abuja, Akpabio said: “I have decided to stay back and I asked somebody from Cote d’Ivoire to represent me there.”
The Eagle Online recalls that criticism had trailed the Nigerian delegation of 1,411 to the conference.
- Nigeria anticipates positive outcomes at WTO 13th Ministerial Conference, by Doris Uzoka-Anite
- WASA: Army promotes cultural heritage to foster peaceful coexistence – Dasuki
- NPFL: Kano Pillars whip Sunshine Stars in Kano
- Agency demands probe as fire guts IDPs building second time
- Liverpool claim League Cup with extra-time victory over Chelsea
The Federal Government has, however, explained that of the number, 422 were funded by it.