The National Examination Council in Minna, Niger State on Friday directed parents of candidates that sat for the April 26 National Common Entrance Examination to check the results in any Unity College.
The entrance examination was conducted for admission into the JSS 1 of the 104 unity schools across the country.
The Registrar of NECO, Prof. Promise Okpala, said in a telephone interview in Lagos that parents could also check the results of their children and wards at the state ministries of education as well as NECO offices nationwide.
Okpala said that a special website had been designed for candidates to register online for the second selection test scheduled for June 28 across the country.
Okpala, however, said that only qualified candidates would be eligible to register on the site with the address to be made available soon.
“In addition to this, we have created a radio jingle to announce the release of the results and will be on air from Monday, June 9,” the registrar said.
95,926 candidates registered for the NCEE nationwide in 2014, up from 88,444 candidates that sat for the examination in 2013.
The registrar attributed the increase in the number of candidates this year to improved service delivery and facilities on ground in the government colleges.
Okpala said that Nigerians were having more confidence in the efforts of the Federal Government in ensuring that the colleges remained the choice destination for the Nigerian child.
Trending
- CSO faults US Mission’s position on Edo governorship poll
- Abia governor condemns attack on Chinese miners
- APC seeks security agencies’ intervention in Osun LG crisis
- Assassination allegation: Group gives Akpoti-Uduaghan seven days to produce evidence
- ACF to FG: Act now on Plateau killings
- AFDEIC 2025: Conference to focus on Africa’s $180bn digital economy, Artificial intelligence
- Kano Eid-el-fitr Killing: Police withdraw invitation letter to Emir Sanusi
- PDP, Ighodalo insist on challenging tribunal decision after studying judgment CTC