The Lagos State Police Command has rescued nine teenagers during an alleged forceful cult initiation in the Mushin area of the state.
The command’s spokesperson, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed the arrest on his verified Twitter handle on Thursday.
- The Nigeria Prizes’ 2024 competition addresses climate change, children’s literature
- Adesokan wins 2024 Ikeja Golf Club’s Veterans Cup
- Dickson, former Bayelsa Governor hails Ogbuku, NDDC boss
- Minister’s residence completely razed down
- US-based doctor donates ultrasound machine to Malumfashi hospital for saving his life
Hundeyin, who did not reveal the names of the victims because they are minors, said they were rescued during their initiation to become members of a cult group.
He tweeted: “Nine children, youngest, nine and oldest, 14, were rescued during the alleged forced initiation into cultism in Mushin area of Lagos state.
“We need to strengthen the family unit.”
According to him, the investigation was ongoing.