The Nigeria Police Force on Wednesday presented cheques of more than N42.9 million to families or next of kin of officers that died in active service in Katsina State.
Commissioner, Katsina State Police Command, Aliyu Abubakar, made the presentation to 17 families.
The presentation, to the next of kin of the deceased, was a part of the benefits that came from the Group Life Assurance Welfare Scheme of the police force.
- Enugu: Police arrest fake philanthropist, recover fraudulently obtained bags of rice
- Nigeria anticipates positive outcomes at WTO 13th Ministerial Conference, by Doris Uzoka-Anite
- WASA: Army promotes cultural heritage to foster peaceful coexistence – Dasuki
- NPFL: Kano Pillars whip Sunshine Stars in Kano
- Agency demands probe as fire guts IDPs building second time
Abubakar advised beneficiaries to use the money judiciously and prayed for the repose of the departed souls.