The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps has arrested 45 suspected criminals in Kano State.
The Corps Public Relations Officer in the state, DSC Ibrahim Idris-Abdullahi, confirmed the arrest in a statement.
In the statement issued to newsmen on Friday in Kano, Idris-Abdullahi said 41 of the suspects were arrested on October 5, 2023 at about 2am by the corps armed squad on night patrol in Kano metropolis.
He explained that the remaining four suspects were arrested in a club house.
He said: “Four suspected vandals were also arrested at Riga fada and Dan Maliki in Kumbotso Local Government area by personnel of Anti Vandalism Unit and local vigilante groups.”
He alleged that the suspects were notorious armoured cable vandals in the habit of stealing electric transformer attachments and terrorising Riga Fada neighbourhood.
- $3.5m Geometric investment: Otti lied on Abia’s payment — Ikpeazu
- Messi scores 500th career league goal in big Inter Miami win
- Kelvin Amayo joins Rivers Hoopers for Basketball Africa League
- NFF holds CAF-approved D-Licence coaching course in Abuja
- Osimhen, Boniface on four-man Arsenal striker shortlist
“The suspects vandalised N1.5 million worth of Kano Electricity Distribution Company equipment,” Idris-Abdullahi said.
According to him, the suspects are undergoing profiling for possible legal action.
He reiterated the NSCDC’s commitment to protecting and safeguarding all critical national assets and infrastructure in the state.