Mubi Blast: 11 Victims referred to Federal Medical Centre, Yola

The Principal Medical Director of Mubi General Hospital in Adamawa, Dr Edgar Sakawa, said that 11 of the 56 victims of Tuesday’s twin bomb blast in Mubi had been referred to the Federal Medical Centre, Yola, for further treatment.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the blast claimed 27 lives.
Speaking to NAN on Wednesday, Sakawa said the hospital was overstretched and had to struggle to cope with the casualties.
He lauded the public response in donating blood to the victims, adding that the remaining patients in the hospital were responding to treatment.
The Chairman of Mubi North Local Government, Alhaji Musa Bello, commended the public and the State Government’s response to the incident.
Bello said normalcy had returned to the commercial town with businesses picking up in the market, except for areas affected by the blast that had been secured for investigation.
Meanwhile, Governor Muhammadu Bindow had suspended the weekly State Executive Council meeting to visit the victims referred to the Federal Medical Centre, Yola.
Similarly, the Deputy Governor, Martins Babale, has gone to Mubi with government delegation to condole with the people of the town over the incident.