Coach Xavi Hernandez reacted angrily to the 0-0 draw by Barcelona in their La Liga league opener against Gatafe on Sunday.
The match was the former Manchester City player Ilkay Gündoğan’s league debut in the Barcelona shirt.
“We tried hard and deserved to win. We got a point, but we don’t think it’s enough,” said Hernandez on Sunday evening after the La Liga matchday one draw against Getafe.
“We shouldn’t get too excited about it. Last season we also started badly, but in the end it worked,” added the coach.
- $3.5m Geometric investment: Otti lied on Abia’s payment — Ikpeazu
- Messi scores 500th career league goal in big Inter Miami win
- Kelvin Amayo joins Rivers Hoopers for Basketball Africa League
- NFF holds CAF-approved D-Licence coaching course in Abuja
- Osimhen, Boniface on four-man Arsenal striker shortlist
In a heated match Barcelona’s Raphinha saw a red card for an elbow blow in the 42nd minute.
In the second half, Barça’s coach had to leave the sidelines in the 70th minute after complaining heavily to the referees.
Getafe also finished the game with ten players after Jaime Mata received a yellow card in the 57th minute.