The Bauchi State Police Command has explained the circumstances that led to the stabbing to death of a 500 Level student of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi in Bauchi State, Agbaidu Joseph.
The explanation was contained in a statement by the Command’s spokesman, Ahmed Wakil, on Wednesday.
Wakil, a Superintendent of Police, said on the statement: “On 02/12/2023 some unknown persons, numbers not ascertained, snatched a handbag containing a mobile phone belonging to a lady, one Philomena Ahobee, 28 years, a student at Abubakar Tatari Polytechnic (ATAP), Bauchi.
“As a result of which her boyfriend Agbaidu Joseph, 28 years, of Anguwan Ngas who is a student at Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU) Bauchi, tried to help her to retrieve the handbag containing the phone.
- Nigeria anticipates positive outcomes at WTO 13th Ministerial Conference, by Doris Uzoka-Anite
- WASA: Army promotes cultural heritage to foster peaceful coexistence – Dasuki
- NPFL: Kano Pillars whip Sunshine Stars in Kano
- Agency demands probe as fire guts IDPs building second time
- Liverpool claim League Cup with extra-time victory over Chelsea
“The assailant stabbed him on the left-side of his chest with a sharp knife.
“The victim was rushed to Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Teaching Hospital (ATBUTH) Bauchi for treatment but he was certified dead while on admission by a medical doctor.”