Popular Kannywood actress, Hadiza Aliyu, also known as Hadiza Gabon, has testified before a Magistrate Court sitting at Daura Road, Kaduna over alleged defamation of character suit filed against one Bala Musa.
The News Agency of Nigeria recalls that the actress had on November 2, 2023 dragged the man to court.
This was over alleged defamation of character in which the defendant denied the allegation.
While testifying, the complainant told the court that she had suffered losses as a result of the allegations made by the defendant against her, saying she had cheated on him and refused to marry him.
Aliyu said: “The issue was all over the social media and people started giving negative comments about me, calling me names of a crime I know nothing of and because of a man I don’t know.
“I also lost some contacts due to the case.
“Now that the Shari’a court has dismissed the case, I want justice to be served.”
- Enugu: Police arrest fake philanthropist, recover fraudulently obtained bags of rice
- Nigeria anticipates positive outcomes at WTO 13th Ministerial Conference, by Doris Uzoka-Anite
- WASA: Army promotes cultural heritage to foster peaceful coexistence – Dasuki
- NPFL: Kano Pillars whip Sunshine Stars in Kano
- Agency demands probe as fire guts IDPs building second time
While cross examining the witness, the defendant’s counsel, Naira Murtala, asked if it was his client that shared the news or made negative comments in social media.
Aliyu said Musa was the cause.
Murtala made an application to get the materials to prepare for his defence before the next adjourned date.
The Magistrate, Shamsudeen Sulaiman, adjourned the matter to December 12 for continuation of hearing.