The Commissioner, Delta State Police Command, CP Wale Abass, has ordered the immediate arrest and detention of a Police Inspector for shooting a man simply identified as Lucky.
The Command’s spokesman, Bright Edafe, who made this known, said the man was shot on December 5, 2023.
He said the incident occurred at about 4:34pm at Ekrerhavwe Junction, Agbarho while the Inspector’s team was on stop-and-search duty.
Edafe said: “The Commissioner of Police, on receipt of the sad news, immediately ordered the arrest and detention of the errant police officer.
“He also directed that the officer be immediately transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Asaba for a thorough and speedy investigation.
“CP Wale Abass commiserates with the injured victim, wishing him a speedy recovery.
- El-Zakzaky, wife return to Nigeria after medical trip abroad amidst rousing welcome
- N30.3m extortion: Police confirm arrest of Officers
- Oyebanji approves N331m for LG Chairmen to buy, distribute food items, tackle hunger
- Chronicles of anger, hunger and frenzy of happy people, by Anthony Kila
- EFCC arrests 48 university students over alleged internet fraud
“He also noted that the Force, being a disciplined organisation, will not condone such cruel action by any member of the Force, assuring that the offending officer will be subjected to internal disciplinary measures including criminal prosecution.
“He, therefore, appealed to members of the public to remain calm and law-abiding, assuring them justice will not just be done but will be seen to have been done.”