Former African champions, Nigeria’s Super Eagles, have been drawn against their eternal rivals, South Africa, in Group C of the 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
The opponents of the Super Eagles emerged on Thursday at the draws held in Abidjan, the capital of Cote d’Ivoire.
- NPFL: Abia Warriors stun Pillars in Kano
- ACAOSA Class of ’87 inaugurates EXCO as Ogundimu, Salami make list
- N44b FAAC receipt: Governor Alia responds with details
- Youth group faults NECA’s criticism of Expatriate Employment Levy
- Ghana to lose $3.8b World Bank funding if anti-LGBTQ+ bill is signed into law
The Nigerian will also do battle with Benin Republic, Zimbabwe, Rwanda and Lesotho for the Group’s ticket.
The qualifiers is slated to kick off in November.
Nigeria’s former captain, Austin Jay Jay Okocha; and erstwhile Côte d’Ivoire defender, Emmanuel Eboue, were among other top African stars present at the ceremony.
More details on this news website soon.