The Manager of Arsenal. Mikel Arteta, has described the signing of Declan Rice as “exactly what we need”.
According to the Spanish manager, the England midfielder is a “lighthouse”, who will make other players better.
Arteta made this known while speaking on the sidelines on the opening day of their US tour on Monday.
Rice, Jurrien Timber and Kai Havertz, who all joined the Gunners this summer, trained at the George Mason University in Washington DC.
- Kogi governorship tribunal adjourns for hearing continuation
- Edo 2024: I’m APC candidate, Idahosa writes c
- Reps move to issue arrest warrant against Binance CEO
- Oil theft: Navy nabs Ghanaian vessel, 13 crew members
- Bandits kill soldier, others in Benue State
On what qualities Rice brings to the team, Arteta said: “His leadership, his aura, the experience he already has in the league.
“He’s going to bring our team to a different dimension.
“He’s got the physical qualities as well that we’ve been missing for a while.
“That’s why we had to do what we did to get him because it was really important for us.”