Anthony Joshua has revealed that his opponent Dillian Whyte is his phone screensaver ahead of their fight next week.
Joshua and Whyte face off in the ring on August 12, 2023 at the 02 Arena in London, United Kingdom.
Ahead of the bout, Joshua has revealed that he has made his opponent his screensaver on his phone to keep him on his mind.
Speaking to YouTube channel Fight Hype, he revealed: “When you’re fighting someone that’s one your mind everyday it does a lot for my preparation, I’m pushing myself.”
While speaking, Joshua turned his phone to reveal his screensaver was Whyte as he smiled in the background.
- Primate Ayodele releases prophecies for Haiti, Chad, Zimbabwe, Zambia, others
- Obasanjo to Tinubu: Approach Zimbabwe for solution to inflation
- Banking sector contributes 70% to fraud in Nigeria — EFCC
- Northerners invade Ondo forests for ‘hunting’, Amotekun arrests 67
- FCTA to get nine Permanent Secretaries soon – Wike
He continued to discuss his chances in the fight, admitting that it will be a “massive confidence boost” for him to beat the Brit.
“Fighting once a year you become soft, you’re not as tough as you once were, so I’m getting that battle skin,” he continued.
“If I win in spectacular fashion it will be a massive confidence booster.”
Joshua finalised by putting increased pressure on himself, admitting that he should be “conquering”.
“And it gives me and Derrick more bonding time to perfect our craft and it’s just what I’m supposed to be doing as a warrior,” Joshua said.
“I’m supposed to be out and about conquering, I’m living my dream.”