The Actors Guild of Nigeria has called on Nigerians and philanthropists generally to render financial support to veteran actor, Amechi Muonagor, who was recently diagnosed with kidney disease, diabetes and stroke.
Emeka Rollas, AGN’s National President, took to his instagram page, @emekarollas, to make the appeal.
Rollas displayed a picture of his visit to the ailing actor, alongside some other colleagues.
He said though the AGN had approved some money to be sent to him from the Guild’s trust fund, more financial assistance would still be needed.
He wrote: “Few days ago I led few of my colleagues and one of our National Patrons, High Chief Ejiamatu Nwokeabia to check on Amechi Muonagor.
“He is in high spirit as witnessed by the people who accompanied me.
“I have approved some money to be sent to his account from the AGN TRUST FUND which may obviously not be enough due to his records with the Guild HMO & Insurance policy.
- Nigeria anticipates positive outcomes at WTO 13th Ministerial Conference, by Doris Uzoka-Anite
- WASA: Army promotes cultural heritage to foster peaceful coexistence – Dasuki
- NPFL: Kano Pillars whip Sunshine Stars in Kano
- Agency demands probe as fire guts IDPs building second time
- Liverpool claim League Cup with extra-time victory over Chelsea
“I, therefore, use this medium to appeal to young actors to sign up for the AGN HMO and Insurance programmes.
“All fans and well wishers of Amechi Muonagor should join hands with other philanthropic Nigerians to support him in this dire time of need 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏.”