The Senior Staff Association of Electricity and Allied Companies on Thursday said that the remaining disengaged electricity workers had started receiving their severance package.
The President General of the association, Bede Opara, told the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos that members of the association had been receiving the payment alerts from Monday.
Opara said: “The issue of few workers collecting this week and the others waiting for another two months should be out of it.
“Federal Government should urge the Bureau of Public Enterprises and the Accountant General to fast track the remaining payments.
“The situation of the payment will determine if the disengaged electricity workers will protest next month or not.”
The president general said that the association would continue to fight until the last disengaged worker received his money.
The workers of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigerian on January 13 staged rallies in different parts of the country to protest the delay in the payment of their severance package.
The protest was called off on January 14 as a result of meeting between the government’s representatives and electricity unions.
The BPE has promised that all the former PHCN workers would be paid by the end of January.
Trending
- Ogun warns against buying of government land from grabbers
- Family cautions against unauthorised statements on Nnamdi Kanu
- Bauchi-based cleric dies, President Tinubu mourns
- Tinubu appoints new MD for Bank of Agriculture
- FG reopens Independence Bridge in Lagos, assures permanent fix soon
- Taraba, NAPTIP rescue eight trafficked children from interstate smugglers
- LP factions react to Supreme Court judgement
- Why we took Robotics, STEM education to over 10,000 Nigerian children, by Sam Eseyin and Malik Gwandu