Operatives of the Department of State Services have arrested a top official of Ikoyi Prisons on the premises of Federal High Court in Lagos State.
The arrest may not be unconnected with the tussle for who keeps custody of the suspended Central Bank of Nigeria Governor, Godwin Emefiele.
The Ikoyi prison official who was rough-handled and shuffled into the DSS vehicle was later released by the secret service operatives.
A mild drama played out at the Federal High Court, Lagos State, between DSS operatives and officials of Nigeria Correctional Service as they tussled over who keeps custody of Emefiele.
- Wike seeks NASS approval to spend N61.6bn
- NAICOM raises concern on Insurance firms outstanding claims
- NUPRC to Chevron: Laws must be respected
- Banditry: COAS announces deployment of special troops to Benue
- COVID-19: Court orders Minister to provide details of N535.8m school feeding spending
Emefiele was arraigned by the Federal Ministry of Justice for illegal possession of firearms and ammunition but was granted bail in the sum of N20m with one surety, following his “not guilty” plea.
As the defendant’s lawyers were trying to perfect his bail conditions, a mild drama played out within the court premises between DSS operatives who are fully hooded and NCS over who will take custody of the embattled CBN boss.