The Minister of Youth and Sport, Solomon Dalung, has debunked reports that the National Sport Commission has been scrapped by President Muhamadu Buhari.
Dalung said this on Thursday when he spoke with newsmen inside the Mainbowl of the National Stadium, Abuja.
He said if such a decision had been taken, the government will not hestitate to make it public.
According to him: “If it (NSC) is scrapped, I will announce it once it is scrapped….
“But since it has not been done, we will not speculate.
“But I think this is originating from the misconception of what becomes of the Commission under the merged Ministry of Youth and Sport Development.
“Of course, Mr. President has recently merged National Planning Commission with National Budget, but in our own case, we were merged.
“The committee has been set up.
“The committee has made the recommendation and once the recommendations are approve, we shall call the press and brief them.”
Trending
- Court orders final forfeiture of property linked to FIRS staff
- FCMB records N111.9b PBT in 2024
- African Women Volleyball Championship: Nigeria win opening match
- Poll: Umahi speaks on reported debt of N200m, sexual harassment
- 843 delegates for Ansar-Ud-Deen conference to mark 101 years
- Rescue of ex-NYSC DG, 18 others: NSA lauds security forces gallantry
- Government, business leaders meet for infrastructure summit
- Akpabio speaks on reported rally for him in Akwa Ibom