Joseph Aloba, the father of Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as Mohbad, has revealed that popular Nigerian musician, David Adeleke, aka Davido, gifted him N2 million after the death of his son.
Aloba, who spoke in a video, however, said one Darosha, who received the money on his behalf, gave him N1 million.
The father of the late 27-year-old then went on to offer what Darosha told him he did with the N1 million he didn’t remit.
Aloba, who said he dreamt two days before the death of his son of his passing away, told those who spoke with him in the video: “It is true, Davido sent me N2 million.
“He saw me that day, and asked them to give it to me.
“But in order not to look like I wanted to inherit the benefits of my child, the money was transferred to Darosha, from which they bought a coffin….”
Asked how much Darosha eventually sent to him, he replied: “N1 million.
“I can’t blame him.
“I can’t be going round to find out how much a coffin is.”
The Eagle Online recalls that those who took part in the burial of Mohbad, who died on September 11, 2023, complained about the quality of the casket.
- Independence Day: Governor Adeleke calls for prayers, unity.
- Appoint substantive Auditor General now to arrest corruption in public service, group tells Tinubu
- Breaking: AFRIMA, PMAN, others hold emergency summit on Nigerian music industry
- Wanted kingpin, Chadian, grandpa arrested over UK-bound, other drugs
- Uzodinma’s skill up program, a fraud against Imo youths – Ohanaeze Youth
Mohbad was buried in Ikorodu area of Lagos State on September 12, 2023.