The 23-year-old Nigerian forward started the season fairly well under Luciano Spalletti, scoring in wins over Hellas Verona and Monza, but things took a turn for the worse when he suffered a hamstring injury in the 41st minute of their Champions League win over Liverpool last month.
The Red Devils have allegedly been long-term admirers of the 23-year-old, who was strongly linked with a potential switch to Old Trafford over the summer.
The 37-year-old allegedly told the Red Devils that he wanted to leave in the summer transfer window after the club could only achieve a sixth-place finish in the Premier League last term.
The Nigerian hit the post inside the opening minute and a James Milner handball gave the hosts a fifth-minute penalty, with Piotr Zielinski keeping his cool to score.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s desperation to leave Manchester United before the window closes has led Jorge Mendes to try creative ways to get him out of Old Trafford.
“I have not changed the starting XI because they did very well. If there are no problems, I see no reason to change,” Spalletti told DAZN.
The Nigerian, who was only drilled on Wednesday morning a few hours after arriving Dimaro, the venue for Napoli’s pre-season training camp, didn’t show signs of lacking composure in front of goal.
The Nigeria international was terrific for the Partenopeans last season, scoring 18 goals in 32 appearances.
For the past eight seasons, Robert Lewandowski has spearheaded the Bayern attack, scoring a total of 344 goals in all competitions since 2014.
Newcastle, Arsenal and Manchester United are all interested in the Nigeria international, who is not in hot demand.
The forward sustained the injury during an accidental collision with Inter defender Skriniar in November 2021 and kept him out of action until January 2022.
Prosecutors in Naples said in a statement that Italian finance police searched Napoli’s Castel Volturno and Rome offices to collect documents regarding Osimhen’s €70 million ($73.9 million) move from Lille in 2020.
Alexandre Lacazette has already left on a free transfer while there is uncertainty over Eddie Nketiah’s future.
The Nigerian international has scored 24 goals in 51 Serie A games since a £60 million move from Lille in 2020.
The Nigeria striker has been linked with Newcastle, Arsenal and Manchester United since the end of last season.
Mikel Arteta is said to be keen on acquiring the services of the Nigerian forward with reinforcements to the front line in need of a significant boost.
Antonio Conte and Fabio Paratici are seemingly keen to bring in an attacker as part of their summer rebuild.
The Napoli striker joined Napoli from Lille two years ago for a club-record fee of €72 million.
Reports from Italy claimed Newcastle is preparing a ‘monster offer’ to sign Osimhen ahead of the summer transfer window.
The Serie A club confirmed the extension of the 63-year-old head coach’s deal in a statement on Thursday.