The team of Chiamaka Nwankwo, Lucy Nwankwo, Oluebube Ezechukwu and Adaeze Eze from Anambra State sent the ecstatic crowd at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba, Delta State into a frenzy when they dominated and won the 4×100 female relay final on Friday.
The quartet finished the race in 47.80 seconds to win the gold medal in the event held in the Delta State capital.
In the 200m final, Lucy dropped a place to win the silver in 24.88 seconds, while Ezechukwu finished third after ending the race in 25.11 seconds to win the bronze.
- State of rural communities in Lagos State (1)
- Mohbad: Naira Marley, Sam Larry makes charity outreach after meeting bail conditions
- Editorial: Security: Not just about funding, but prudent spending, deliverables
- Sycamore: Betty Zainab and her protest against multi-dimensional abuse, by Michael Olatunbosun
- MURIC: Lagos luring Muslim students to Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s programme
With these victories, Anambra State now has a total of 14 medals, including six gold, five silver and three bronze.
Anambra State will compete in the 100m final scheduled for Saturday before the closing ceremony.