Sergio Aguero reveals he is “fully recovered” from coronavirus and has returned to Manchester City’s training ground following a lengthy period of isolation.
The striker had been in isolation since January 10 after initially coming into close contact with a positive case.
On January 21, Aguero confirmed he too had tested positive after experiencing “some symptoms” of COVID-19.
Aguero has now missed seven matches this month and will have limited time to train with his team-mates ahead of Wednesday’s trip to Burnley.
In a post on Twitter on Sunday, Aguero said: “Fully recovered from COVID-19, I was at the club’s gym today, and soon I’ll be back training with my team-mates. Can’t wait.”
During Aguero’s absence, City have won all seven matches, climbed to the top of the Premier League and progressed to the fifth round of the FA Cup.
The 32-year-old has started just three times for City this season following complications in his recovery from knee surgery last summer.
His return to action was then complicated by a hamstring injury in October and he later experienced further discomfort in his knee.
After a series of substitute appearances he had been due to return to the starting line-up in City’s FA Cup third-round tie against Birmingham earlier this month but was then told to isolate.
He was one of a number of positive coronavirus cases at City since Christmas.
Kyle Walker, Gabriel Jesus, Ederson and Ferran Torres are among the senior players also to have been forced to isolate.