The Acting Head of Mission and Force Commander of the United Nations Interim Security Force for Abyei, Major General Benjamin Olufemi Sawyerr, has honoured a female Nigerians Air Force Officer, Squadron Leader Isetekelepirima Juliet Gogo-Akinrogunde, who recently completed her tour of duty at the multinational peacekeeping mission.
The NAF Office was deployed as Leave/Welfare Officer of the Mission, which comprises troops from eight countries.
The countries are Bangladesh, China, Ghana, India, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Vietnam.
The Mission also has staff officers and civilian staff from all over the world.
Gogo-Akinrogunde served the Mission meritoriously for one year.
Extolling her contribution to the Mission, Sawyerr stated that she performed her assigned tasks creditably well by ensuring troops leave and welfare matters were professionally handled.
- State of rural communities in Lagos State (1)
- Mohbad: Naira Marley, Sam Larry makes charity outreach after meeting bail conditions
- Editorial: Security: Not just about funding, but prudent spending, deliverables
- Sycamore: Betty Zainab and her protest against multi-dimensional abuse, by Michael Olatunbosun
- MURIC: Lagos luring Muslim students to Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s programme
He stated further that she worked tirelessly to ensure all visitors to the remotely located mission were well received, adding that Gogo-Akinrogunde brought to bear the professional and organisational acumen of a Nigerian Military Officer and did the Nigerian Air Force and Nigeria very proud.
She was presented with the UNISFA plaque and Gold Coin for Peace in recognition of her Service to UNISFA and peace in the Abyei Box.