Four detained journalists were on Saturday sentenced to death on charges of spying by a Yemeni court controlled by the country’s Iran-linked Houthi rebels, according to a rights advocate.
Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince, Mohammed bin Salman, landed in Buenos Aires on Wednesday for the G20 summit of industrialized nations, Argentine state Media reported, a visit fraught with controversy over the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
The nine-member court, with two liberal justices dissenting, granted his administration’s request to lift two injunctions imposed by lower courts that had partially blocked the ban, which is the third version of a contentious policy that Trump first sought to implement a week after taking office in January
The new proclamation will replace Trump’s expired travel ban
This is the second execution in the street in front of thousands of people in Sanaa against convicts of raping and murdering children in exactly two weeks.
“The survivors told our colleagues on the beach that the smuggler pushed them to the sea, when he saw some ‘authority types’ near the coast,” Laurent Boeck, the IOM Yemen Chief of Mission, said in a statement.
A policeman fired five bullets from an assault rifle into Muhammad al-Maghrabi, 41, as he lay with his hands handcuffed behind his back on a blanket on the ground in Sanaa’s Tahrir Square, after a judge read out the death sentence.
Manuel Fontaine, the UNICEF Director for Emergency Programmes, said in a statement issued in New York, United States of America that continued humanitarian action was crucial in saving children’s lives
In a much anticipated verdict, a US federal appeals court on Thursday unanimously upheld the temporary suspension of President Donald Trump’s order
In the order, he barred citizens from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen from entering the US for the next 90 days
Qatar Airways was the first to say it would allow passengers from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen to fly to US cities if they had valid documents
The Yemenis, blocked by Trump’s executive orders barring travel to America by people from Yemen and six other Muslim-majority countries, had asked to go to Djibouti, just over the Red Sea from their home country, the official added
The Department of Homeland Security said by Saturday evening, its agents had stopped 109 foreigners at US airports based on Trump’s order and prevented another 173 people from boarding flights headed for the US
The source, who preferred anonymity, said the Nigerian government had been in constant touch with the Nigerian Mission in Saudi Arabia for the implementation of the plan