The Senior Pastor of Daystar Christian Centre, Sam Adeyemi, has said that he would address his people every week if he were to be a president or governor.
Pastor Adeyemi, a leadership expert, bared his mind on a Channels Television programme: “Sunrise Daily,” on Monday.
The 56-year-old cleric said: “If I was the governor or president of Nigeria, I would address the nation every Sunday evening or Monday.
“It may be five minutes, but I will sell the idea of development.”
- State of rural communities in Lagos State (1)
- Mohbad: Naira Marley, Sam Larry makes charity outreach after meeting bail conditions
- Editorial: Security: Not just about funding, but prudent spending, deliverables
- Sycamore: Betty Zainab and her protest against multi-dimensional abuse, by Michael Olatunbosun
- MURIC: Lagos luring Muslim students to Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s programme
Adeyemi spoke on the need for responsible leadership at all levels, challenging citizens to take responsibility for creating Nigeria’s future.
He emphasised the importance of a collaborative effort to boost the nation’s progress, adding: “For too long, we’ve allowed those in power to dictate our path forward.
“If they are unwilling to instigate change, we must initiate it ourselves, starting at the individual level.”