Comptroller Ahmadu Shaibu, the new Commander, Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Ogun 1 Area Command, on Monday, said he would make the state uncomfortable for smugglers.
Shaibu said this during a handover ceremony held at the Command’s headquarters in Idiroko, Ogun.
The New Agency of Nigeria reports that Shaibu took over from Comptroller Bamidele Makinde who was deployed to NCS Headquarters in Abuja.
The new NCS boss assured stakeholders of an open door policy and urged them to give useful information that could help to combat the activities of smugglers in the state.
- My husband is not a magician — Oluremi Tinubu
- Editorial: Now that universities have increased their charges
- Kogi 2023: SDP candidate moving around with thugs, shunned our invitations — Police
- Soludo renames Anambra Cargo Airport after Chinua Achebe
- Google celebrates Nigeria at 63 with Doodle
“I want to use this medium to assure the business community and our critical stakeholders that the administration would operate an open door policy and strengthen the existing relationship.
“However, let me also warn smugglers and their accomplices, that their nefarious activities would not be condoned and anyone caught in the act shall face the wrath of the law,” he said.
Makinde, in his remarks, said his administration recorded remarkable achievements and made giant strides in revenue generation to the tune of N6.6 billion.