The Federal Government FG has declared a public holiday in commemoration of the Eidel-Maulud celebration, the birth of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
The Minister of Interior, Dr. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, made the declaration on behalf of the Federal Government late on Monday.
Tunji-Ojo congratulated the Muslim Ummah both at home and in diaspora for witnessing the occasion, disclosing that the holiday is slated for September 27.
He admonished Nigerians to imbibe the spirit of love, patience, tolerance and perseverance, which were deep spiritual virtues that the Holy Prophet exemplified.
- State of rural communities in Lagos State (1)
- Mohbad: Naira Marley, Sam Larry makes charity outreach after meeting bail conditions
- Editorial: Security: Not just about funding, but prudent spending, deliverables
- Sycamore: Betty Zainab and her protest against multi-dimensional abuse, by Michael Olatunbosun
- MURIC: Lagos luring Muslim students to Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s programme
The Minister also urged Nigerians, especially the youths, to embrace the virtues of hard work and peaceful disposition to fellow humans, irrespective of faith, ideology, social class and ethnicity.
He also enjoined them to join hands with the President Bola Tinubu-led administration in its effort to build a progressive and enviable nation that Nigerians would be proud of.
Tunji-Ojo wished the Muslim Ummah a joyful celebration.