Juergen Klopp says it is not a secret that Liverpool are looking to secure striker Sadio Mane’s future and remains keen to further strengthen the squad ahead of next season.
Mane scored his first hat-trick for Liverpool in a 5-0 thrashing of FC Porto in their UEFA Champions League last 16 first leg tie last week.
Though the contract of the 25-year-old, who arrived at Anfield from Southampton in 2016, runs until 2021, but British media reported that he could be rewarded with a new deal.
When asked about Mane’s contract situation, Klopp said: “Nothing to say about that, no news or anything.”
Klopp told the news conference on Friday: “Do we want to keep the players together? I think that is not a secret.
“We want to keep Sadio here but he still has a contract. There is nothing to do about that but we want to keep the team, plus strengthen in the future. That is normal business.”
Klopp switched focus to the visit of West Ham United on Saturday, which will be Liverpool’s first match in 10 days.
The Merseyside club start the weekend third in the league standings but a victory would carry them above second-placed Manchester United, who host Chelsea on Sunday.
“I am really happy we didn’t have to play immediately after the Porto game, because it would have been quite difficult from this big result and a good game from our side,” Klopp added.
“Now we want to get some points but it is quite a big job to do. They (West Ham) in the form table, last 15 games, I think they are sixth.
“Since David Moyes (became manager) a lot of things have changed. They are getting good results, (Marko) Arnautovic flying. We are looking forward to it 100 percent but we know it’s hard.”
West Ham are 12th in the league, losing just once in their last eight matches in the competition.