The Nigerian National League will resume activities nationwide on Saturday after two months break as the body plans for a hitch-free competition in the 2013/2014 season.
This was contained in a statement signed by Lawrence Katken, the Media Officer of the NNL, and made available to newsmen in Lagos on Thursday.
The NNL said that no fewer than 32 clubs would be part of the league, including the four teams relegated from the Nigeria Premier League last season.
According to the statement, the relegated football clubs are Shooting Stars of Ibadan, Abubakar Bukola Saraki, Kwara United and Niger Tornadoes.
It also said that two former Premier League clubs – Jigawa Golden Stars and Wikki Tourists of Bauchi – would clash in top of the bill match at Dutse, Jigawa State.
It stated that the encounter had been designated by the NNL as the star match of the opening season as other matches would hold at different stadia.
The NNL said that Remo Stars FC of Ogun would ambush their neighbours, Shooting Stars of Ibadan, in another clash of the titans.
The NNL said that it had put machineries in place to stage a flawless competition, which would be the pride of all Nigerians.
It gave the assurance that there would be fair officiating in all the matches.
Meanwhile, the General Manager of ABS, Alloy Chukwuemeka, has said that the club was poised to bounce back to the Premier League cadre “where it rightly belongs’’.
Chukwuemeka said that ABS would play against its opponents with zeal to win every match to ensure its return to the elite division next season.