The Force Public Relations Officer, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, says he has never collected bribes since he joined the Service.
The Assistant Commissioner of Police said this in a back and forth with some users of X, formerly known as Twitter.
The exchange on Monday started with an X user asking him to swear by his “village deity” that he had never accepted a bribe since joining the force.
The verified user posed the question after Adejobi wrote: “Police administrative bail is free.
“If anyone demands bail money, you too demand an invoice or receipt to prove payment.
“If he can’t issue it, don’t pay.
“That is a fraud.
“I have said this severally.
The X user then asked Adejobi if he had never received a bribe.
Adejobi responded that since joining the police force in 2005, he has never accepted bribe, adding that as a crown prince of Owu, it would be “ridiculous” for him to accept bribes.
He said: “I have answered this.
“PR is in me.
“I joined NIPR (Nigeria Institute of Public Relations) in 2004 before I joined the police in 2005.
“I have been a PR man before I even applied to join the police.
“I even reject gifts.
- State of rural communities in Lagos State (1)
- Mohbad: Naira Marley, Sam Larry makes charity outreach after meeting bail conditions
- Editorial: Security: Not just about funding, but prudent spending, deliverables
- Sycamore: Betty Zainab and her protest against multi-dimensional abuse, by Michael Olatunbosun
- MURIC: Lagos luring Muslim students to Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s programme
“Many people on Twitter have been willing to recharge my phone, but I appeal to them not to do.
“Those who know me know I reject gifts, let alone bribe.
“I am a crown prince of Owu, so it’s ridiculous to take a bribe.
“If you do well, Nigerians are very nice and ready to appreciate you, and bless you in all areas, if you are a nice officer.”