The accuser of Apostle Johnson Suleman of Omega Fire Ministries, Stephanie Otobo, says she is not backing down from the case.
Otobo stated her position a day after Suleman in a statement by his media consultant, Phrank Shaibu, said the lady’s claim of backing down after claiming to have become born again was suspicious.
In a statement by the office of her lawyer, Festus Keyamo, Otobo said she is going ahead with the case against Suleman in court.
She said the court had already demanded for the travel itinerary and call log of Suleman.
The statement from Keyamo’s office reads in full:
I have just read reports by some media houses where I was quoted as saying that I am now born-again and as such I have forgiven the self-styled ‘Apostle” Johnson Suleman and I desire to forget about the case(s) in court with him. I have also read reports today by Suleman saying that I cannot be “born again” until I prove the case against him or apologise. I wish to state the following in reaction.
1. That I could not have promised to withdraw any matter here in Nigeria against Johnson Suleman as he is the one that got me arrested and charged to court in a criminal case. He is the one (as I have read in the Press) that has filed a N1billion Naira defamation suit against me. So I have no prerogative to withdraw any case here in Nigeria against him and I never said so.
2. That I am not running away from defending myself against his frivolous and face-saving cases in court.
3. In fact, rather than shy away from the cases, just last week the court granted my prayers and has summoned the following person(s)/institutions to court to testify against Johnson Suleman in the criminal case he has instituted against me;
(a) Managing Director, MTN Nigeria Communications Limited, to produce and provide the call logs and text messages exchanged between mobile numbers 08160000616 (belonging to Johnson Suleman) and 07081454058 (belonging to me) between 2015 and 2017.
(b) Managing Director, United Bank of Africa, to produce Statement of Account No. 2031068488 belonging to Ms. Otobo Omojevwe Stephanie covering the period 2015 to date.
(c) The CEO, Nigerian Communications Commission, to produce Record of the identity of the person that registered sim card no. 08160000616 (belonging to Apostle Johnson Suleman).
(d) Managing Director, Airtel Nigeria, to produce and provide the call logs and text messages exchanged between mobile numbers 07081454058 and 08160000616 between 2015 and 2017.
(e) Apostle Johnson Suleman, to produce and provide his International Passport detailing his international travels between 2015 till date, and his Black iPhone 4 which he used between 2015 and 2016.
(f) The Inspector-General of Police, to produce Samsung Phone, Note 7, which was forcefully seized (without a court order) from me at UBA, Anthony Branch on Friday, March 3, 2017.
(g) I am also moving the court to invite forensic experts to court to analyse all the nude pictures of his private part and our face-to-face chats of which I did screen shots during our numerous lecherous Facetime chats. He has been telling barefaced lies that they are photoshopped. But I have since challenged him to produce the original pictures from which I “photoshopped” them, but he has been running from pillar to post. He will also explain what his pictures were doing in my private phone in the first place.
Find attached copies of all the Court orders signed by the Chief Magistrate. So I am pressing ahead with my defence in court and I wish to meet Johnson Suleman in court now that he has been summoned to appear in person.
4. I also wish to alert the public that in Suleman’s desperation, he has sort out certain ladies in Canada (some familiar and some not known to me at all) and paid them huge sums of money to be maligning my person through videos. I can only wish these hungry girls “luck” and “success” in their newly-discovered business. I am not moved by all that. It will not save him. Let Suleman come to court to prove his case.
5. Mr. Johnson Suleman does not have the required spiritual orientation or divine calling to question my “born-again” status. He is not God. I am not one of those his followers he has managed to deceive and bring under his fake spell or charm.
6. That I repeat for the umpteenth time that the so-called ‘Apostle” Suleman is nothing but a cheap conman, a fraud and a fake “man of God”.