The Enugu State Government has suspended the operations of Enugu Capital Territory Development Authority with immediate effect.
Prof. Chidiebere Onyia, Secretary to the State Government, disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday in Enugu.
According to Onyia, the suspension was necessitated by the need to carry out detailed review of the activities of the Authority, its processes and transparency of its operations.
Onyia added that during the period of review, only operations directly authorised by Governor Peter Mbah of Enugu State would be treated.
- Alleged treason: Absence of judge stalls Sowore’s case
- Kogi 2023: Alleged attack on Tribunal Secretary: SDP exposing own atrocities — APC
- Police arraign man, 47, for alleged breach of trust
- New contributions from expatriates to mitigate debt, bolster infrastructure — Source
- Mo Ibrahim, Otedola, Alakija, others get poems in Lasisi’s African Citations
He said it would ensure that the state attended to the needs of the public that could not wait for the completion of the exercise.
He said: “All third parties and individuals who currently collected any form of Motor Park, Keke Park, Truck Park fees on behalf of ECTDA should submit Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) to the SSG before August 9.
“Failure to comply will result in the suspension of such MOU’s.
“The public is assured that this exercise will be concluded as soon as possible, and recommencement of operations will be duly communicated.
“Please be guided accordingly.”