Governor Bassey Otu has declared a dusk to dawn curfew in Akpabuyo and Bakassi Local Government Areas of Cross River State following the crisis in the two LGAs.
The development was confirmed in a statement by the Secretary to the State Government, Prof. Anthony Owan-Enoh, on Monday.
The statement said the curfew takes immediate effect and will run from 7pm to 6am.
- Osoba, Ajasin and reporters of death, by Festus Adedayo
- Terrorists have taken over schools in 21 out of 34 LGAs — Governor
- Hired tricycle operator disappears with four school children
- POWA empowers 63 deceased Police Officers families
- Remains of General Yohanna Kure laid to rest in Kaduna
It would be recalled that both LGAs in the Southern Senatorial District of the state have been recording crises for weeks, in which lives and properties were lost.
According to the Governor, movement of people and vehicles have been banned during the curfew hours.
Otu said that the measure became necessary to ensure the safety of lives and properties as well as forestall further breakdown of law and order.
“The public is therefore advised in their own interest to adhere strictly to these directives,” he added.